1/04/2006

Looking Back at Nostalgic Candy



I watched Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, well today my daughter wanted to watch the original.

Ok, i'm 32 years old and the movie is 35 years old but it took me back a little bit. I started remembering the candy I used to eat as a kid.

The Marathon Bar: braided Caramel dipped in chocolate




Chuckles: flavored jelly candy kinda like orange slices but different flavors

Candy Cigarettes: with the dust so when you blew into them it would look like smoke

Chocolate cigarettes (Now I think I know why I smoke all of that darned candy)

Chico Sticks: Like a butterfinger but without the chocolate

If any of you out there are interested they still sell this stuff. I don't know if there is a candy store here in West Allis but if there is please comment on it I would love to share some of my old time favorites with my kids.

Here is a link to a good place on the web that has it all!!! I answered my self here I had no idea this place is on Oak Creek Duh!!!

Here is a blog devoted just to candy how cool!!

3 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 7:02 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Excellent work! Good find.

 
At 1/04/2006 7:14 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

Candy shops in West Allis?

I've seen something on Greenfield and 100-something. I think it's "Nut to You."

Mayfair Mall also has a candy store near the theater now, with some of the classics.

 
At 1/06/2006 9:52 AM, Blogger Addy said...

There was this really great store, also in West Allis, that has now since closed, but they had ALL this great old candy & memoribilia too. Last Christmas, i bought about $50.00 of nostalgic candy for my dad that he could munch on while he watched DVD's of I Love Lucy since we bought him a dvd player for Christmas too . I'm sure the store didn't generate nearly enough revenue to stay open. It was such a great little shop, those are always the one's you miss when they close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home