4/06/2006

My Personal Carnival Of The Badger!


As you know I blogged a while back that I have an animal living under the porch. Well my drunk neighbor told me is was a skunk. Low and behold the other day when I was getting the mail I looked at the hole to see if it was out there. I am totally obsessed with getting this thing out from under there!!! Well yes it is there and it was looking at me. Freaked out I ran to the back of the house because I thought is was a skunk and getting sprayed is one of my most feared dreams. Well I was locked out and I just hung up on my stepmother. I went around the house to see if it had gone. It didn't well I saw the whole body this time it wasn't a skunk. It did look really big!

This is what my imagination saw!



An animal bigger than a raccoon with a wide body low to the ground with not much of a tail. Dusty reddish gray in color. After I processed this information I went to my mammal book (from grandma when I was a kid) The only thing I could come up with was a badger. "I know your all laughing at me inside"

I called my stepmother back she thought I got sprayed. I also called my uncle and I told the upstairs tenants to watch out for the badger.

Still freaked out I looked up badger sightings on the net and there hasn't been one here in Milwaukee County since 1975. Now i'm thinking its not impossible. I am also fearing for the lives of my children because I have heard that badgers are really mean.

I call the wildlife department of the Humane Society and tell them I think I have a badger under my porch, they never called me back. Dumb founded I looked at the calander, oh, ok its april 1st they think its a joke.

Anyway to make a long story short I have visual confirmation of the animal yesterday morning full frontal opossum. I made noise and it didn't even flinch. I don't think bright light, ammonia soaked rags and NPR can help me know.

Just call me Trapper Lisa i'll be on the phone with Fleet Farm tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home