12/21/2006

Check Update!

I pondered that thing for hours wishing that it indeed was valid. Well i'm like 95% sure that is not. I did manage to call the FBI no not female body inspectors Lol. Well it sounded cool to say I called them. I really did though. Anyway the gentleman on the phone said that the check most likely originated in Nigeria and typically there is a note enclosed stating that you should cash the check and wire the money back to Nigeria and they get rich while your happy ass is getting investigated. I still plan on contacting Wachovia Bank so that they are aware that this is still occuring. The FBI also gave me an interesting piece of statistical information. At least 10,000 of these checks come through each state per month and that alt least 5 or 6 people per month are stupid enough to cash them. Somehow someone got my address from a list somewhere and that is how I got this check. I hope that this reaches out to someone so that people know that these things are going on. I guess I'm not the sucker I thought I was.
There is also another scam going around watch out for the people from a London textile company they try to scam you into thinking they are giving you a job you get the money send it to them and then you get a "comission" How I burned them I told them to send me information about the company and what type of "job" I would actually be doing. Never heard from them again.
I know this may sound a bit freaky but I am a single woman and not afraid to admit that I have investigated a few potential suitors as far as having the plates on the car looked up. It sounds extreme but you can never be too careful and God bless CCAP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home