1/02/2006

Slang Of the Day


Not only is Tom Cruise a Scientologist and actor, now he is coining new slang phrases.



"Jump the couch" I'm sure everybody has seen his off the hook antics on Oprah. I know it made me laugh. I think he might have had some bad engrams after that one. He's not clear anymore.

I'm gonna give this a shot in some sentences to see if we get the idea.

Oh, my Boston Store bill just came. My husband is going to "Jump the couch" over this.

Danny forgot to take his meds today I think he is going to "Jump the couch"

Just plain fun I think I will overuse it like some of the other top words of the year like "Katrina, Rita, and Tsunami.

I just moved from Indonesia to Louisiana not only did I suffer the aftermath of the tsunami but also hurricane Katrina and Rita now I think I am going to "Jump the couch"

Ok I think I got them all.

2 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 10:12 AM, Blogger Kyraylyn said...

I like your blog...just wanted to mention that I think the the "jump the couch" is reference-in some circles-to the ill-fated "Happy Days" episode where Fonzie does a stunt where he jumps over a Great White Shark...hence "jump the shark". I think they were trying to get their flagging ratings up and after that episode it really went south.
Since Tom Cruise's career seems to slowly be sliding south too "jump the couch" sort of means he's losing his appeal.

 
At 1/05/2006 7:28 PM, Blogger Aaron said...

I think "jump the couch" should refer to excessive hype, which is completely undeserved. Similar to the whole Tom-Kat marriage/pregnancy.

For example:

Star Wars Episode I jumped the couch.
El Nino jumped the couch.
Snow plow stories jump the couch.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home